This lamp is a wide barrel shape fitting for a large side table or sideboard. The surface of the ceramic base is achieved by using a process of smoke / pit firing. It has dramatic wave markings following the contour and let me tell ya - it's a real beauty!
- Overall Dimensions: 20.5” H x 12” W
- Ceramic base dimensions: 9” H x 7.5” W
- Hardware: Solid, brushed brass features are hand sanded by yours truly and sealed with specialty brass varnish to help slow tarnishing over time. The socket and harp are brass plated.
- Lamp shade included: I make all shades custom for each lamp. Lamp shades are made with either 100% linen or cotton. Hardware is brass plated, spider attachment. A finial is also included to secure your shade.
- Clay & glaze: The ceramic base of this lamp is hand-built, white earthenware that is smoke fired in a steel barrel. The pots get buried in a combination of hardwood, sawdust and straw. The surface created on the bare clay is the result of a carbon rich environment inside the barrel - creating variegated "smoke" markings. The patterning on the base will not rub off but it is a “bare” surface meaning it could absorb liquids & oils- so handle with care!
- Cleaning instructions: This is a bare clay base and may absorb hand oils and/or cleaning products. Clean with a damp, lint free cloth & water only.
- Socket mounted, rotary On/Off
- Extra long 9’ cord ideal for reaching plugs behind your bed, couch or other large furniture.
SHIPPING NOTE: Please note that your lamp order will be packed and shipped in TWO separate boxes. This is to ensure that the shade is not damaged by the ceramic base during transit. Ceramic bases will be carefully packed and double boxed to ensure a safe arrival! Carrier will be confirmed between Emily Duke Studio & the customer at the time of shipping. Shipping & packaging cost will be invoiced to the customer. No gains will be made on shipping & packaging - all fees cover the base line of packing material and postage costs.